Recent Skincare and Makeup Favourites

 I've never been hugely into beauty. My routine has always been simple and I prefer a more natural look when it comes to my makeup. This is partly because I'm lazy and would rather spend an extra half hour in bed and also because I'm really not that great at doing it. I did not grow up in the age of youtube tutorials or instagram filters. Contouring was not a thing, eyebrows were over-plucked and for someone with fair skin like myself, the orange foundation line around the chin was a daily occurrence. For someone who likes a minimal look it's been surprisingly hard trying to find products that work for me. I wouldn't describe my skin as problematic, it's definitely always dehydrated (I need to remind myself to drink more water on a regular basis) and I'm prone to the odd breakout and redness, especially around my chin. I'd rather spend my money on other things so affordability is a big factor in my makeup purchases too. 



Recently I've been loving using the following products to achieve my daily makeup look. Carmex lip balm, a oldie but a goodie. I love the smell (and the taste, important as its going on my lips!) and it's really soothing. On an aesthetic level I also adore the retro packaging. Another classic is the Maybelline Colour Tattoo for eyes in Bronze on Bronze. I have used this for absolutely years and its great to add a wash of colour to the eyes. This one is metallic so it leaves a lovely sheen and adds a bit more interest to the eye. 

I've been using the Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter Foundation since the beginning of the year. It is quite a heavy coverage but can be applied lightly and built up if needed. I use the Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask on a weekly basis, normally as part of my Sunday evening pamper routine. It really does rejuvenate and de-puff my skin for the week ahead. The final makeup item is super cheap and cheerful its a cream blusher by Natural Collection in the shade rosy pink. I switched to cream blushes a while ago and have never looked back. If you want a natural flush to the cheeks, cream is the way to go. To combat my dry skin I've been using the L'oreal Hydra Genius Aloe Water as a primer/moisturiser under my makeup. I normally use this and then put on an SPF before doing my daily makeup. It's a lovely texture and absorbs into the skin easily. I find it helps my makeup go on better too which is always a plus. 

The makeup bag featured is my bargin find from TK Maxx, it's a William Morris & Co print and its gorgeous. The jumper I'm wearing is from H&M. 

Stacey x 


Comments

Popular Posts